Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Itchy-ness in the Brace

I know that there is at least one of you readers who is feeling the "itch", literally. I used to like to wear my brace over my clothes [without the undershirt] at home; at first your orthotist will let you wear your brace for 3 hours, the next day 4, then 5,6,7 and so on to 22 hours. But on school days they will let you wear it for 4 hours after school because they want you to be as comfortable as possible at home before you start wearing it at school, if you need to have your brace adjusted, you can either: 
1) wait until  your next appointment.
OR
2) go back early.

Back to the itchy-ness. If  you are suffering itches, then you can rub yourself [in the area your brace is] with cornstarch or [if you like the smell] baby powder. After getting cornstarched, put your undershirt on under your clothes (a.k.a put you brace on properly without hurting yourself) and wear it. You only need to cornstarch yourself (or have someone help you if needed) once a day, I prefer at night before I put my brace on for the nighttime hours but that's just me. 

Have fun with your cornstarch!  

(my personal favorite part about my brace)

No comments:

Post a Comment