Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scoliosis Info

My brace and comparison to another
I have a brace for scoliosis. Scoliosis is when your spine is unnaturally curvy, don't let this discourage you, you only need a brace if you curve(s) is/are over 25 degrees. 3 out of 100 people have scoliosis; only 1 to 3 out of 1000 people with scoliosis will need a brace. Do not fear the Rigo-System-Chêneau-brace, it's way better than the old-fashioned Milwaukee brace. 

How to wear you brace and how I used to
I used to like to wear my brace over my clothes [without the undershirt] at home; at first your orthotist will let you wear your brace for 3 hours, the next day 4, then 5,6,7 and so on to 22 hours. But on school days they will let you wear it for 4 hours after school because they want you to be as comfortable as possible at home before you start wearing it at school, if you need to have your brace adjusted, you can either: 
1) wait until  your next appointment.
OR
2) go back early.

No comments:

Post a Comment